Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Theresa Dolphina

Welcome to my second "Sim of The Month" challenge blog. The challenge was created by Pinstar and the rules can be found here.

"Bio: As a result of her transformation, Theresa can speak both human and dolphin languages. After escaping the lab and talking with her fellow dolphins (real dolphins, not the sports team), Theresa learns that the earth is in grave danger and feels the need to warn the inhabitants of the planet. Nobody will listen to her warning at the moment, but Theresa knows that if she can become established in the world of broadcasting, she can not only get her message to every corner of the globe, but also have it taken seriously. She also needs to finish building the teleporter the dolphins instructed her to build so she can escape with the rest of them before the planet does get destroyed. While fearful of the science lab and the technology it used to transform her, Theresa is mostly able operate in ‘normal society’ Theresa must still attend to her dolphin aspects, needing the occasional dip in the water and a steady stream of fish to keep herself healthy."

I started this challenge in a new neighborhood. This is Theresa. She is a Family Oriented, Technophobe, Genius, Angler, who Hates the Outdoors. Her LTW is Perfect Mind, Perfect Body.




Theresa: Hi everyone!

Right then Theresa, basically we need to get you to the top of the Journalism career while also building enough Happiness points to buy the Teleporter Reward.

Theresa: Right - I need to get that Tepleorter fast to save my fellow fish-friends.

OK, so let's get you a job in journalism.

Theresa: But I don't have a house yet! Aren't you going to build me one? Please? I'd love a pool to swim in each day...

Hmm... no swimming pool, we'll buy you a nice bath though. I know you need your daily water submersion. And just a basic house I think. We must save your money for dining out, spa treatments, and other good stuff.

Theresa: Dining out? Do they serve fish in this town? I'm not eating any of that nasty human food.

Yes, they serve fish. Off you go now and remember to smile in your job interview.




Well done - you're a Paper Girl. Let's work on your writing. A writing class is best I think.

Theresa finishes her writing class. Hmm... you're still full of energy I think we can also squeeeze in a spa treatment.

Theresa: Spa? Yey! Do they have any water treatments?

Yes, I'm sure they do. And even better you get 7 days increased mood (thanks to the person who suggested this tip on my Gordon blog).




Feeling refreshed?

Theresa: Oh, yes!

OK, one more trip before you turn in for the night. Off you go to the library and start your first novel. Then it's time for bed. You need to work hard tomorrow - it's your first day in a new job.




And so Theresa's life quickly falls into a daily routine - wake up, bathe, stop at Diner for breakfast, cross the road and go to work. After leaving the office, Theresa typically works on her career-related skills. I decided against spending time on fishing and cooking for this challenge. Bistro/ diner eating is within the rules of the challenge though I do feel a bit guilty for abusing this "loophole" and making life a bit easier for Theresa!

On day 5 Theresa gets a lucky break. She finishes proof reading an article, earning a good performance boost. After working hard all day, Theresa achieves a career promotion in a single day.



****

End of week 1 - career level 4, approx. 17,000 Total Lifetime Happiness.



****




Week 2 is uneventful. Though on day 9 Theresa gets another proof reading opportunity. She heads straight to the library after work to read the article. Unfortunately her charisma and writing skills aren't maxed for her career level and so an immediate promotion isn't feasible.



****

End of week 2 - career level 6, approx. 31,500 Total Lifetime Happiness.


****




It's the start of week 3 and we find Theresa in a social mood.


Hi, Theresa. Why are you chatting with Cornelia Goth. I didn't think she was your type.

Theresa: Work asked me to get the low down on the Goths. Now shh... Cornelia may hear you.

Don't worry no sim can hear me except you. I'm just here to help you along with your goals.

Theresa: Oh, well that's nice. Kind of you to take an interest in my life. But please go away, you're distracting me.


****

End of week 3 - career level 9, approx. 47,000 Total Lifetime Happiness



****


Late in week 3, Theresa leaves work looking pleased with herself.



Hey, Theresa. Good news?

Theresa: Oh yes - I've made it to the top of the journalism career. The dolphins will be pleased, now I can spread the word and save the world!

Well done and you made it on day 26 too. You did better then Gordon in your career.

Theresa: Gordon? Who's he?

Oh, nevermind. Don't worry about him. Not long to go now, all you need is to build that teleporter. Let's quit your job and concentrate on keeping you happy! How many more points do you need?

Theresa: I have just over 63,000 points. So another 12,000. Reaching level 10 in journalism felt good - I gained 6,000 Happiness.

Oh and look +5000 if you master the Writing skill. Back to the library I think...


****


End of week 4 - career level 10, approx. 70,000 Total Lifetime Happiness.


****


Early Monday morning, on Day 29, Theresa masters the Writing Skill.




Grats, Theresa! Nice Teleporter.

Theresa: Thanks, lady. And thanks for all your help. I've grown quite fond of this planet but it's time for me and my friends to leave.

OK. Bye then, Theresa, and good luck.

Theresa: So long, and thanks for all the fish!


****



Comments on Challenge

My strategy was straight forward. I decided against going for Theresa's LTW. After trying this on my first attempt it seemed I could get enough Happiness Points simply by keeping her mood meter high and fulfilling wishes. So I locked in any wishes which were easily achievable or related to work and focused on fulfilling these.

I also kept Theresa's Mood Meter high so that the Lifetime Happiness clock kept ticking, even at work or when she was sleeping.

To keep Theresa's mood at least Very High (earning Happiness Points) at all times I used:

- Spa Packages - the best she could afford - these give a 7 day Completely At Ease moodlet (thanks again to the person who gave this tip on my Gordon blog).
- A good night's sleep on the best bed for the Well Rested moodlet.
- A bath every morning for the Squeaky Clean moodlet (and to meet the challenge requirement).
- A meal out giving Good Meal and Entertained moodlets.

The rest of Theresa's time was dedicated to building her career. Luckily a number of high point wants came up which related to her career.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo! Well done! That is certainly a very fast finish time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--you're good at racking up Lifetime Happiness points!

    Veil (from Rachel's sites)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one. Spar packages are great. Thanks for the kudos in blog :)

    Im tempted to retry it myself without the LTW but sims3 is getting boring. Gj :)

    ReplyDelete