Monday, June 29, 2009

Gordon Loadsworth

Welcome to my first Sim of The Month challenge blog. The challenge was created by Pinstar and the rules can be found here. The goal is for Gordon to reach the top of the sports career. There is one restriction - Gordon may not select the “Workout at gym” option while at work.

"Bio: Eternal fan of at least 7 major sports, Gordon has more sports jerseys than he does regular clothing. This is partially because he likes sports so much, and partially because ‘normal clothing’ doesn’t come in his size. A lifetime of eating and watching sports on TV has taken a major toll on his body. Tired of being mocked for his lifestyle and look, Gordon has decided to turn over a new leaf and do the impossible. Rather than watch sports, he wants to be out on the field playing along side them. Can Gordon do it?"

So, let's meet Gordon.



Photobucket



Hmm... not so promising. Top of the sports career? This could be challenging.

Gordon: Hey, I can hear you know.

Oops... sorry, Gordon. Right, where were we. OK, I'm here to help you along with your new life goal. So let's find you a job. Off you go to the stadium.


Photobucket

Gordon: Heh, they hired me!

Of course they did. Now I expect we need to work on your athletic skill. It doesn't look like you're in great shape.

Gordon: Uh oh. Do we have to? I mean, can't I just stop off for a hamburger on the way home?

Nope, you need to get fit if you want a promotion.


Photobucket

Gordon: Jeez. Can I stop now?

OK, and as a reward you can cook up a nice dinner. How about Mac 'n Cheese?

Gordon: Anything, just give me a break will ya.


Photobucket

Gordon: Mmm... this smells good. I'm not a bad cook!

Well, it's lucky you're a good cook. A well prepared meal will put you in the perfect mood for work each day. And don't forget to take a shower and brush your teeth as well. A clean body and minty breath do wonders for job performance.

Gordon: Heh? Who cares how my body 'n breath smell when I'm runnin' round the stadium all day?

You care! Now just trust me will you and you'll do fine.

****

One week later.

Photobucket


Hey Gordon, I see you're brushing your teeth. On your way to work are you?

Gordon: I sure am. And quit talking will ya. I don't want to be late for work.

Whoa! You've changed your attitude. Nice to see you so enthusiastic for a change.

Gordon: Yeah, well I reckon I'm due another promotion today. I'm sick of trainin' toddlers. It's about time they gave me a real job.

OK. Well off you go then. And good luck! Oh and one more thing. Nice looking body by the way! Lost some weight have you?

Gordon: Hmmph. 'Course I have after the crazy fitness regime you've had me on.

****

Gordon is leaving work.

Photobucket


Hi, Gordon. So how was work!

Gordon: Great - I'm now a Minor Leaguer. And they even asked me to take a talk on nutrition over at the City Hall. Who'd have thought it? Fat, slob Gordon talkin' about nutrition!

Congratulations! Don't forget to visit the gym after work. You need to keep your fitness high. Only 3 more levels and you'll have mastered the athletic skill.

Gordon: Yeah, yeah. D'you think I'm givin' up now? No need to keep on at me. I'm workin' as hard as I can, ya know.

Umm... ok, and don't forget to give Marty a call. You need to keep in with your team mates too.

Gordon: OK, I GOT IT! Now leave me in peace will ya.

****

The next day is Gordon's day off.


Photobucket


Hi Gordon. What are you doing at the spa? I didn't know you were the kind of guy who cared about that sort of stuff.

Gordon: Oh, err... right. I was just gettin' a quick massage, okay. To ease these achin' muscles, ya know. Can't a guy get any privacy around here?

Alright, alright. I'll leave you to it. You seem to have things in hand now anyway.

****

It's the start of week 3, 15 days into the challenge.


Photobucket


Hi again, Gordon. Working hard I see.

Gordon: Hmmph!

Wow, that was a short workout. But it seems to be having an effect anyway.

Gordon: Yeah. I'm supplementin' my usual trainin' with the occasional power burst. It's tough but way quicker.

Good on you, Gordon. Keep up the hard work! How's the career progression coming along.

Gordon: Amazin'! Won my first game as a rookie. Final score was 13 - 4. We slaughtered 'em!

That's great news. Well done.

Gordon: Yeah. And I'm really hopin' for a promotion tomorrow. After my game performance, it's lookin' good.


****

It's day 19, Gordon has just left work.

Photobucket



You're looking pleased with yourself. Work going well?

Gordon: Sure is! Scouts came by and liked what they saw. I've been promoted to Team Captain!

That's fantastic. And I hear you've maxed your athletic skill. Well done.

Gordon: Yeah. It was easy in the end. This workin' out stuff isn't half as bad as I thought it was. Guess it helps that I don't care much 'bout getting all stinky.

I guess not. If it keeps you training hard then I'm not complaining.


****

A few days later. So what's happening Gordon? Celebrating something?



Photobucket

Gordon: Err... I dunno. I feel a bit weird. Agghhh...

Photobucket


Ah.. I see. It's your birthday.

Gordon: Uggh! What's happened to me?

Nothing to worry about you've just grown a little older.

Gordon: Older? Hmm... Does that mean I can retire now?

Heh, I see you haven't completely changed your lazy ways. Nope, not yet. Just a few more career levels and then you can do whatever you like.

****

At last! It's day 31 and Gordon has just been promoted to the top of the sports career.

Photobucket


Congratulations, Gordon. You've done it! Ready to retire now?

Gordon: Hmm... I think so, yeah. Ya know what I'd really like to do?

No, what's that?

Gordon: Join the Culinary career.

****

Some notes on the challenge.

- I started in a fresh neighborhood and so day 1 was a Sunday.

- Gordon achieved every promotion within 2 working days, except for the last promotion. This took 3 days due to the shorter working day (3 hours from 3PM to 6PM).

- For the first 5 levels (or so) Gordon would meet fellow workers and hang out with them at work. This built up his relationship with teammates early. He also bought the Office Hero lifetime reward to help his relations with co-workers along even more. For the later levels Gordon prepared for the game at work.

- Gordon worked on his athletic skill at every opportunity. He maxed this skill early and so he didn't have to bother about it for the last few levels of his career.

- Before going to work Gordon tried to have a good sleep (and/ or nap), shower, brush his teeeth, eat a meal, and watch the cooking channel. The aim was to get the moodlets for Well Rested, Squeaky Clean, Minty Breath, Great Meal, and Having a Blast. 3 or 4 of these would keep his mood high throughout the working day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey nice work, i always find brushing teeth wears off during the work day. Get a package at the day spar and it lasts 7 days. +20 +40 +75. Ducksworth bathington adds 15 i think for 5 hours if you were looking for a cheap addition. Additionally poke fire from a portable fire pit gives about the same as ducksworth.

    ReplyDelete